7-Zip 15.14 (2.46 Mb) is a file archiving with a high compression ratio. Usually 7-Zip compresses to 7z format 30-50% better than in the size of zip. Vibrate the data better than WinRar! And 7-Zip compresses to zip format 2-10% better than other zip-compatible filing. The ability to create self-extracting archives for 7z format. Ability to encrypt archives.
Format: 7z, ZIP, RAR, GZIP, GZ, bzip2, bzip2, TAR, CAB, ISO, ARJ, LZH, LHA, CHM, MSI, WIM, Z, CPIO, RPM, DEB, CPIO, DMG, FAT, HFS, LZMA, NTFS, SPLIT, SWM, TAZ, TBZ, TBZ2, TGZ, TPZ, VHD, XAR, XZ, Z and NSIS. The latest version adds new compression formats LZMA2 and Delta.
- Very high compression ratio in new 7z format.
- For ZIP and GZIP compression ratio is 2-10% better than ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip.
- Built-in file manager.
- Windows shell integration.
- Plugin for FAR Manager.
- Powerful command line version.
- The ability to use any method of compression.
- Support file sizes up to 16000000000 GB.
- The file name in Unicode.
- Solid compression.
- Header compression archives.
7z has an open architecture and can support any new compression methods. Currently integrated into 7z following methods:
- LZMA – Based on the Lempel-Ziv.
- LZMA2 – Based on the Lempel-Ziv.
- PPMD – Dmitry Shkarina PPMdH algorithm with a few changes.
- BCJ2 – Converter for 32-bit binaries for x86.
- Bzip2 – Based on the BWT algorithm.
- Deflating – Based on the Lempel-Ziv.
- Deflate64 – Based on the Lempel-Ziv.
- Delta – suitable for graphics and audio compression (BMP, WAV)