Adobe Flash Player 18.104.22.168 (60.77 Mb) is a component for browsers that allows you to play Flash clips (* .swf files). The player is designed to display and play animated videos, small games, presentations, and advertisements in the SWF format, used on a large number of websites. As a rule, the browser installs the Flash player automatically, but it is recommended to update the program regularly, because Adobe continues to improve its development. This version of Adobe Flash Player receives a number of internal improvements, including wider support for 3D hardware in game acceleration (including Intel Graphics Media Accelerator) integrated, new tools to provide higher application performance with better response from the interface, GPU acceleration hardware when working with webcam, support for more efficient internal compression based on the LZMA standard. Most of the attention was drawn to Stage 3D technology, previously known as Molehill. This technology is a set of graphical software interfaces that uses 3D GPUs to display 3D objects that exist on many devices, including desktop computers, laptops, PDAs, and telephones. Three-dimensional graphics API has been in Flash for a long time, but before this the API mechanism only uses CPU, as a result the API’s performance is somewhat depressed. “We are introducing Stage 3D – a new architecture for hardware accelerated rendering that delivers thousands of times better performance than Flash Player 10. This technology allows you to create new game classes whose image quality can be compared to consoles – boast at Adobe. – Stage 3D makes it possible to create scenes that contain millions of objects at 60 frames per second. “Many modern online games on social networks, such as Facebook or Google+, are made using Flash. Thus, after updating to support the 3D Stage API, all of these games will be able to improve their performance. In addition, this release provides new opportunities to support HD video, contains optimizations for 64-bit architecture, allows for conferences using high-quality HD video, and also implements a flexible flexible architecture that utilizes the capabilities of the device and its own platform.
- Stage 3D. Build stunning, blazing-fast cinematic 2D and 3D games. Use fully accelerated GPU rendering, which leverages the power of OpenGL and DirectX graphics.
- Enhanced mouse control. Create immersive, panoramic games that take advantage of infinite scrolling, mouse lock, relative mouse coordinates, and right- and middle-click events.
- Concurrency. Create high-performance, more responsive games and content using ActionScript workers and shared ByteArray support. Share memory and leverage machine resources by offloading tasks to background workers that run concurrently.
- Full-screen support. Deliver exciting, full-screen games with full keyboard support across browsers (including Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer) and operating systems (Mac and Windows).
- HD-quality video. Play high-quality HD video with industry-standard codecs such as H.264, AAC, and MP3. Use GPU hardware optimization and chipsets that scale across all platforms to provide best-in-class video performance.
- High quality of service. Engage viewers with optimized and adaptive bitrate video streaming as well as an extensive feature set. Support for streaming standards such as HDS, RTMP, and progressive video allows video content to be delivered efficiently and flexibly across various network and CDN configurations.
- Content protection. Deliver protected premium video content using Adobe Access, which supports a wide range of business models, including video on demand, live broadcast, HD rental, subscription, and electronic sell-through.
- Multicore rendering. Build high-performance vector graphics and display true 1080p videos that take advantage of up to four CPU cores.
- SWF file optimization. Deliver optimized SWF files for faster download through the LZMA compression algorithm.
- Advanced bitmap control. Deliver smoother animations and interactivity using enhanced high-resolution bitmap support, bitmap caching, and asynchronous bitmap decoding.