GraphiSoft ArchiCAD 22 Build 5009 (2.26 Gb) is an enhanced design tool, combined with improved workflow. The ability of the new version significantly improves performance and usability both in creating architectural projects and in exchanging data.
- Facade design
– The updated approach to facade design at ARCHICAD gives architects greater freedom in making and outlining detailed hierarchical systems of “c_video” walls installed based on modular designs. The design is carried out by the user’s graphical construction in 2D projection and the most comfortable 3D display, while ARCHICAD ensures the construction of structures that are truly in accordance with the requirements for the drawing and curtain wall specifications.
– To simulate a complex curtain wall system, you only need to make modular sample based circuits in the BIM environment. Creating the same vertical and horizontal element connections occurs automatically. At any time, wall curtains can be equipped with various sun protection devices and other accessories.
– Compliance with the requirements for documentation is achieved by configuring the display of elements that can be measured with any level of detail. All components and parts of frames, panels and even accessories are fully taken into account in the Element Catalog.
To design an algorithmic curtain wall, you can use the advanced ARCHICAD-Grasshopper Connection extension. Based on each 2D line set, architects can model Hinged Wall Samples and adjust all sub-elements on Grasshopper Canvas and then apply them to create extraordinary facades at ARCHICAD.
- Improved performance
– The ARCHICAD 22 performance enhancement is intended for a significant increase in smoothness of panning and scaling during 2D navigation through projects of various sizes.
– Computer graphics processors are now involved in creating hatches of complex elements, parts and surfaces. Multi-core processors are used more efficiently thanks to a patented algorithm that calculates pan and zoom operations in the background.
– ARCHICAD’s powerful 64-bit architecture works well along with optimizing the use of multi-core processors when working with complex and large models.
– Patented Background Calculation Technology uses the capacity of a computer that is not used to first calculate the actions of the next most likely user in the background. This approach provides very fast work regardless of project size.
- Parametric Profile Editor
– The Parametric Profile Editor ARCHICAD 22 combines the power of parametric design with the convenience of creating a graphic profile.
The use of various modifiers for hole edges in the Profile Editor allows you to create more flexible Profiles for Walls, Beams and Columns. This makes it possible to move each or all edges at the Profile Detail level, and at the individual element level.
– Using the Special Geometry Modifier, architects can use the same Profile to model different geometric walls, columns, and beams. Changing the size of a parametric profile makes it possible to get different parts of the element without increasing the number of conditions in the project. The height and thickness of each layer or complex element component can now be adjusted individually.
- Formula in Property Values
– In ARCHICAD 22, you can use logical expressions to get new properties and their values based on your own element parameters. This new feature greatly increases the amount of data available in building information models. The possibility of using any formula as an element Property Value allows you to do automatic calculations without the need for manual data entry, often causing errors.
– The results can be used at ARCHICAD to label and filter elements. This data can be included in graphical representations or tables of models using mathematical, logical or textual operators that are common in standard spreadsheet applications. Property values containing web links provide quick access from Online Catalogs to any online site or database.
– Property values can be created by entering data and parameters in logical expressions and formulas. Element properties, based on numerical, textual or even logical data, simplify information processing, find necessary elements, and exchange data.
- Increased productivity
At ARCHICAD 22, you will find various improvements that simplify building information models and images. In addition, the accuracy of the data included in the statements and specifications and sent to related specialists has increased many times.
– Customizable Graphic Calls
By choosing a set of graphical primitives (lines, arcs and polylines) and text blocks (including autotext with data about elements), you can save them as Portable Letters.
– Import and export of ARCHICAD element properties through IFC
The quality and accuracy of the information exported about Components and Materials in IFC 2×3 and IFC4 formats has increased at ARCHICAD 22. This is very important when specifying and calculating quantitative indicators based on building materials from layers that are separate from multilayer structures and Complex Profile components.
– Rhino – Grasshopper – ARCHICAD extension
The new Deconstruction feature allows you to transfer data from ARCHICAD elements to Rhinos and Grasshoppers. As a result, architects can optimize and harmonize design solutions using the entire Grasshopper and Rhino toolkit and extensions.
– Support for high resolution monitors in Windows 10
Now, the lines, text and other graphic elements of the ARCHICAD interface are displayed more clearly because of the support of very high resolution UHD monitors (4K and 5K) on the Windows 10 operating system.
– Increase Stairs and Fences
Ladder and Fencing, which appeared in ARCHICAD 22, were further developed. Now you can display the height of the aisle on the stairs to identify possible conflicts. Drawings of stairs can be made taking into account the requirements of national standards. The new tilting fence and panels simplify the modeling process.
– Automatic reservation elements in team work
Now, ordering large sets of items in Teamwork mode only takes a split second. Please note that this increase is only available for the BIMcloud GRAPHISOFT User License.