LibreOffice 4.4.3 come with size 213 Mb is a powerful office suite that is fully compatible with the system 32/64-bit. Translated into more than 30 languages. It supports most popular operating systems, including GNU / Linux, Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X. Programs LibreOffice – a free set of programs, similar in functionality to the package Microsoft Office: Writer – a word processor; Calc – a spreadsheet; Impress – the creation and viewing of multimedia presentations; Draw – a vector graphics editor; Mathematics – mathematical formula editor. One very positive qualities – the ability to work all these applications with the relevant documents formats MS Office.
LibreOffice is free and open source, so you can freely download, use and learn LibreOffice. LibreOffice free for private and for educational or commercial use. Can be used without any licensing fees to your family, friends, colleagues, students, staff, etc.
It allows you to create and edit all common document formats, including MS Office document formats. Own document format LibreOffice OpenDocument Format (ODF), approved by the International Organization for Standardization ISO as standard ISO / IEC 26300: 2006 Office suite LibreOffice allows you to upload any document in PDF (ISO 32000).
LibreOffice has some interesting features, partially or entirely absent in other office suites:
- Cross-platform. Currently LibreOffice can be used on all popular platforms: Linux (the 32 and 64-bit), Windows (2000 or later), MacOS, FreeBSD and Solaris.
- A tool that facilitates the creation, editing and management of documents:
- Gallery to insert an image
- Navigator to move through the document and search
- Stylist to create, edit, and manage document formatting styles
- The data source for importing data from a database or spreadsheet.
- Supported file formats MS Office. You can easily open and save documents in MS Office 97-2003 format. Also supports import files in Office OpenXML (MS Office 2007).
- Export to PDF. Exports in this format is supported by all components (except Base). If you have a special extension can also import PDF to LibreOffice Draw.
- Support for extensions. LibreOffice provides an opportunity to develop independent third-party extensions, providing end-user functionality. Extensions can be easily installed and removed.
LibreOffice consists of six components of the program:
editor and editor of web pages Writer;
means for generating and presentations Impress;
Drawing vector editor;
Database Management System Base;
Editor for creating and editing mathematical formulas.
All components are integrated into a common core, and thus has good compatibility with each other.
The function of all components provides all the necessary tools and allows you to solve the basic problems of users. To save the file format used ODF (ISO / IEC 26300: 2006), based on XML and receive the status of an international standard.