O&O DiskImage Professional / Workstation / Server Edition 14.0 Build 307 (273 Mb) is a program that allows you to create images of all hard drives and external drives or partitions or data contained in them. Images are truly identical to the original, and therefore they can actually be used to restore the operating system, roll back to the previous state of the computer and solve other similar problems. In the backup process, O & O DiskImage compresses stored files, which guarantees significant savings in disk space. For additional data security, encryption mechanisms can be used, including 128-bit and 256-bit AES algorithms, which are adopted as industry standards. Traditional backup systems ensure the security of individual files and folders, but cannot restore Windows PC operating system performance in the event of a serious failure. The hard disk image created by the O & O DiskImage application tool, which contains all the information needed to properly operate the OS, will help solve this problem. O & O DiskImage allows recording images on CD or DVD media. Thanks to this feature, users can make multiple copies of data that can be easily transferred to other computers.
Images created using O & O DiskImage Workstation Edition can consist of several types:
- The first is “cast” from the sector used from the user-specified section. The main advantage of full images is to save disk space and reduce copy time. In this case, all important information (not deleted at the time of image creation) will be stored.
- The second option is an incremental image. The essence lies in recording only changes that have occurred since the last filing. This approach is very good in cases where regular drawing is needed. Thanks to him, not only does the image volume decrease and the time saved to make it, but the user gets the opportunity to access different versions of the same file, edited at different times.
- Selecting the third type of image creates a complete “cast” of all hard drives or each part at the sector level. This option is optimal for copying disks formatted in non-standard file systems. In addition, full copies allow you to recover previously deleted information not only using the original (which is not always easy and appropriate), but also from images taken from it. And finally, the last type of image available is very similar to the previous one. However, this is made using a low-level and high-speed interface. Thanks to this, you can make images of encrypted and hidden files.
- Emergency CD that allows you to run programs without a previous installation
- The graph creates image data for automatic launch options
- Additional collection of images from a number of memories
- Support for dynamic disks, GPT-Hard disks and RAID systems (depending on the operating system)
- The ability to mount images as a virtual disk
- And many other features.