ORPALIS PDF Reducer 3.1.18 Professional is included in the category of applications whose functionality is fully explained in its name. As you may have guessed, this tool is designed to compress PDF documents before publishing them on a website, sending them to storage, or sending them by email. The application interface is simple and straightforward. All the user needs to do is select the source document, specify a folder to save the optimized version and click the “Start” button. All other actions will be carried out without your participation. However, SoftwareCrew’s website reviewers, who have carried out rigorous product testing, warn that ORPALIS PDF Reducer doesn’t always handle the job well. In some tests, the document size remained almost unchanged, but in some cases the compression rate was up to an impressive percent.
- Content segmentation to increase compression ratio.
- Automatically applies the most effective compression scheme based on data type.
- Serialization of several compression algorithms.
- Uses an innovative automatic color detection mechanism.
- Analysis of page layout.
- Resampling of embedded raster images.
- Recompress embedded raster images.
- Moving objects that are not in use.
- Delete certain unwanted objects like annotations, bookmarks, form fields, embedded files …