ORPALIS PDF Reducer Professional 3.1.10 with size 31.46 Mb is designed to compress PDF documents before publishing them on a website, sending them to the repository, or sending them via email. The application interface is simple and easy. What the user needs to do is select the source document, specify a folder to save the optimized version and click the “Start” button. All other actions will be carried out without your participation. However, SoftwareCrew reviewers, who carry out rigorous testing of products, warn that ORPALIS PDF Reducer does not always brilliantly overcome this task. In some tests, the size of the document is almost unchanged, but in some cases the compression level can reach an impressive percentage. This product is based on a rather simple technology. This program achieves the desired results by manipulating the characteristics of the DPI (number of dots per inch) and re-compressing the document with a slight decrease in image quality. During processing the ORPALIS PDF Reducer also removes some elements that are not too important from the document, such as form fields, annotations, bookmarks, embedded files. However, if this approach doesn’t seem to be acceptable, you can manually configure the cleaning options in the Settings dialog box. Special mention is feasible for the possibility of processing a large number of files in batch mode.
To achieve that, ORPALIS PDF Reducer provides different innovative and highly sophisticated size-reducing techniques which can be optionally applied by user selection:
- Content segmentation to increase compression ratio.
- Automatically applies the most effective compression scheme based on data type.
- Serialization of several compression algorithms.
- Uses innovative automatic color detection mechanism.
- Page layout analysis.
- Embedded raster images re-sampling.
- Embedded raster images re-compression.
- Unused objects removing.
- Remove unwanted specific objects such as annotations, bookmarks, formfields, embedded files…