Poedit Pro 2.0.9 Build 5330 (19.0 Mb) is a powerful and easy-to-use translation editor. This program will help translate any software or websites that use Gettext for localization. Gettext is widely used in many programming languages and many projects – from WordPress to PHP, Django and Linux projects. Poedit is the best program to work with .po and .mo translation files. The translator works with the text phrase in the * .po file. For changes to take effect after editing the translation, it must be compiled into a .mo file. Poedit does this automatically. In Poedit there is a spell checker, support for various forms, comment editing, line numbering and an easy search by line. If you often work with a .po file, poEdit, this small but useful app will be very useful to you. poEdit shows all data in a very concise way, so you’ll find it very easy to find any terms without searching through the entire document. Thanks to this, you can handle the translation faster, which is very important. All entries are sorted into the list, so you’ll feel comfortable working with large directories, and immediately see which parts of the text are translated and which parts are being translated inaccurately. Editor created using WxWidgets and can work on any platform that supports WxWidgets, is designed to provide a more convenient approach to editing directories than manually editing files.
- Unlike other editors, Poedit displays data in a very concise form.
- Original phrases and their translations are sorted and highlighted in such a way that you can easily edit large directories. Ie. You can immediately see which phrases have been translated, what else to translate, which is automatically translated and now requires your moderation.
- There is support for plurals.
- Highlight informative text.
- Untranslated phrases and unauthorized automatic translation are displayed at the top of the list.
- Automatically compile-mo files (optional) when saving po files.
- Comments let you see in which area the translated phrase code occurs.
- Poedit has a source code scanner function to look for strings that are ready to be translated.
- Can work in KDE and GNOME environments.
- Support for UTF-8. Poedit understands all the encodings supported by the operating system, and works in Unicode internally.
- Translation memory. Poedit selects several translation options from the knowledge base, based on partial coincidence with the translated phrase. Poedit uses all your PO, MO, and RPM files as a knowledge base.
- There are searches in the catalog.
- Ability to edit comments.
- Catalog Manager.
- Supports Unicode completely on Unix with GTK + 2.x.
- Check spelling (GTK + 2.x).