R-Drive Image 6.3 Build 6300 BootCD with size 80.31 Mb is a great tool for creating disk image files and backing up data. A disk image file containing a “byte to byte” copy of a hard disk, partition or logical disk can be created without restarting the computer and with different levels of data compression. The created disc image can be stored on various types of media, including removable media such as CD-R (W) / DVD, Iomega Zip and Jazz discs. R-Drive Image Technician returns the disk image to the original disk, to another partition, or free up unformatted disk space without rebooting the system. To restore a locked system or partition, R-Drive Image switches to pseudographic mode directly from Windows or a bootable version of the program starting from a CD or set of floppy disks.
- Simple and convenient user interface – no in-depth knowledge of computer control is needed.
- Performing “on the fly” operations: A disk image is created without stopping and restarting the Windows operating system. In the process of creating an image and to completion, all other writing operations are cached. Image recovery is also done quickly except for the system partition. When restoring a system partition, you must restart the program in pseudo-graphical mode directly from Windows or use a previously created boot disk (CD / DVD or diskette).
- Compress image files. To save disk space, image files can be compressed.
- Support for removable media devices. Image files can be saved to removable media devices such as CD-R (W) / DVD, Iomega Zip and Jazz discs.
- Support for Microsoft networks. Bootable R-Drive Image CD / DVD version supports storing disk images to remote computers and returning them from the remote computer to local computers on the Microsoft network (CIFS protocol).
- Pseudographic mode. Reboot to pseudo-graphic mode, to restore a locked system or other partition directly from Windows. No need to use a bootable CD / DVD.
- A complete list of supported devices. Large list of computer hardware components supported by the program.
- USB 2.0 is supported in pseudographic mode. While the cost of hard drives and removable drives continues to decrease, removable USB 2.0 drives (flash drives) may be the most optimal and reliable solution for backing up systems and other partitions on laptop computers. Unreliable CD / DVDs and slow CD / DVD burners are no longer needed.
- Bootable version. A special bootable disk (two floppy disks or one CD / DVD) is created for recovery to the system partition.
- Restore individual files and folders. Disk images can be mounted as read-only virtual disks, and their contents can be viewed and copied.
- Share image files. Disk image files can be divided into several files if there is not enough space to store them in one media.
- Disk image protection. Image files can be password protected and contain additional comments.
- File system conversion. The file system of the recovered disk can be converted (for example, FAT16 to FAT32 and vice versa).
- Making a new part. Disk image data can be recovered to free disk space. The size of the recovered partition can be changed.
- Change partition. Disk image data can be returned to an existing partition. This program can delete existing partitions and restore the disk image to free space.
- Copy Drive to Disk. The entire disk can be copied to another, the same or greater capacity.
- Check the image made. Disc image files can be verified before being saved and / or restored.
- Schedule. The task of creating a disk image can be installed and performed at a certain time in automatic mode.