Serif Affinity Photo 22.214.171.1243 is a strong competitor to Photoshop, supporting as much PSD as possible, and common bitmap formats: PNG, JPG, TIFF, EPS, PDF, and SVG. It works with RAW files from popular digital cameras, and also supports all common color spaces – RGB, CMYK, LAB and Greyscale, there are ICC management options and support for 16 bits per channel.
- Full support is implemented for Affinity Designers, and vice versa. Vector objects can be easily incorporated into a photo editor project.
- Support for keyboard shortcuts is similar to the Adobe package. Therefore, all the hotkeys are exactly where you expect to find them.
- The Refine Selection function allows you to improve the selection of complex objects, works very smart and often helps.
- Brushes – Affinity Photo integrates a powerful brush engine for painting, supports Force Touch and similar technology from Wacom and other pen tablet manufacturers.
- Working speed – the speed of the program inspires respect, all changes occur very quickly, and zooming and navigating through images is done at 60 frames per second, even on complex images with hundreds of layers.
- Work with layers – Affinity Photo implements almost all of Photoshop’s features: protective layers, adjustment layers, layers with special effects and styles – all of this is here and at the same time works practically with lightning speed. Separately, keep in mind layers that allow you to apply filters, this is a very convenient way to edit images that don’t damage.
- Format support – the developer has taken care of a professional – Affinity Photo supports PSD as much as possible, and common raster formats: PNG, JPG, TIFF, EPS, PDF, and SVG. This program also works with RAW files from popular digital cameras. Supports all common color spaces – RGB, CMYK, LAB and Greyscale, there are ICC management options and support for 16 bits per channel.
- Basic tools – traditional and practical program interfaces do not need to get used to. The main features of this application are what are called “People” (Photos, Liquify, Develop, Export). They are designed to quickly switch between various modes of operation, each of which offers its own set of tools and panels:
- Photo – main person. The interface here is as similar as possible to a “typical” graphics package. On the left there is a toolbar, there are many in this program, there are almost everything familiar with Photoshop, so you don’t need to “miss” the lack of tools. On the right is the settings panel: history, layers, histograms and more. They can be separated and rearranged as desired.
- Liquify – persona for geometric image distortion. He will be an indispensable assistant for portraits who want to improve some facial details or drawings. Also “to court” they will have tools to avoid, burn, clone, patch, defect and all other correction methods.
- Develop – persona is designed to manipulate RAW files, having almost all the basic tools needed to work with digital negatives. Of course, Lightroom is still far ahead in intelligence, but tight integration into the overall package is something Adobe must learn from Serif.
- Export – the last of four people who will help you cut your project to the desired area and it is very easy to export it in different formats, with different resolution and pixel density.