StartIsBack ++ 2.8.9 (138 Mb) is returning the full-featured Start menu button in Windows 10 / 8.1, the same as in Windows 7. StartIsBack Plus significantly improves desktop usability and makes the new screen slimmer, more comfortable, faster, and more stable. Your session will start from the desktop. Always. Unlike other solutions, StartIsBack Plus goes directly to the desktop at any time, without a flickering home screen, even for milliseconds. StartIsBack restores the original Windows 7 start menu with all of its features: search, drag and paste, hold and the application you just used, the settings are fully customizable. The Start button and Start menu look and behave as you normally do in Windows 7.
- Menus, buttons and settings are exactly the same as in Windows 7.
- Windows sessions will always start from the desktop. Unlike other solutions, StartIsBack opens the desktop without delay and the Metro interface blinks.
- Restore the main menu from Windows 7 with all the usual functions: search, drag and drop icons, applications that are embedded and recently used.
- Allows you to resolve the two interface dilemmas in Windows 10, separating them clearly.
- The work program will be on the desktop, and the new Start screen will only display applications from the Windows store.
- You can change the Start screen to an Application and you don’t need to manage both at once.
- Integrates into the system and does not install additional services or programs.
- Installation does not require additional utilities and can be done without administrative rights. The main menu is fully localized to the system language, with the same name as in Windows 7.
- Allows you to customize the appearance and behavior of the Start menu and Windows 10 interface: skins, button images, active screen angles and more.