WinRAR 5.60 Beta 3 (5.7 Mb) is one of the most famous and functional archivers. The program supports almost all existing archive formats: RAR, ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE 2.0, bzip, JAR, uue, GZIP, bzip2 and 7-Zip, while it has many very useful features – encryption, support for continuous (solid) archives, where compression ratios can be 10 – 50% more than conventional compression methods, special algorithms for compressing multimedia files, support for multi-volume archives and more.
- Full support for RAR and ZIP archives
- Using the original high performance data compression algorithm
- The presence of graphic shells with the support of drag and drop technology (drag & drop)
- Ability to use command line interface
- Management of other archive formats (CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, TAR.GZ, BZ2, TAR.BZ2, ACE, UUE, JAR, ISO, 7Z, Z)
- Support for continuous archiving for better compression
- Support for multi-volume archives
- Create regular, self-extracting (SFX) regular archives and volumes using standard or optional SFX modules
- Ability to recover physically damaged archives
- Ability to create and use recovery volumes, allowing you to re-create missing multi-volume archive sections.
- Support for Unicode encoding in filename
- Additional functions (data encryption and filename in archive, adding archive comments, maintaining error logs)
- Using third party program interface design in the form of separate themes