WinRAR 5.91 is one of the most famous and functional archives. This program supports almost all available archive formats: RAR, ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE 2.0, BZIP, JAR, UUE, GZIP, BZIP2 and 7-Zip, while having many very useful features – encryption, support for dense archives where the compression ratio can be 10 – 50% higher than with conventional compression methods, special algorithms for compressing multimedia files, support for multi-volume archives, and many others. WinRAR is currently one of the most convenient archives. In addition, this program can work with ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE 2.0, BZIP, JAR, UUE, GZIP, BZIP2 and 7-Zip archives, while having many features and very useful – encryption, support dense archives, where the compression ratio can be 10 – 50% more than with conventional compression methods, special algorithms for compressing multimedia files, support for multi-volume archives and many others.
- Full support for RAR and ZIP archives
- Uses native high performance data compression algorithm
- The presence of a graphical shell with support for drag and drop technology (drag & drop)
- Ability to use the command line interface
- Management of other format archives (CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, TAR.GZ, BZ2, TAR.BZ2, ACE, UUE, JAR, ISO, 7Z, Z)
- Supports continuous archiving methods for better compression
- Support for multi-volume archives
- Create regular and multi-volume self-extracting (SFX) files using standard or optional SFX modules
- Ability to recover physically damaged files
- Ability to create and use recovery volumes, allowing you to recreate missing parts from multi-volume archives.
- Support for encoding Unicode in file names
- Additional functions (encrypting data and file names in the archive, adding archive comments, maintaining error logs)
- Using a third-party design of the program interface as a separate topic