ExpanDrive 2021.8.2 is the fastest way to download and manage files in the cloud. Accessing files in the cloud is the same as accessing a USB drive connected to your Mac or PC. ExpanDrive places your uploads in the background, much like the popular sync app. This allows you to keep working without waiting for the transfer to complete. ExpanDrive contains a multi-threaded connection engine, which makes the tool faster and much more responsive.
- ExpanDrive acts like a USB drive connected to a computer. Open, edit, and save files to remote computers directly from your favorite programs – even when they’re on servers on the other side of the world. ExpanDrive powers every application on your computer by linking them seamlessly to remote data.
- With ExpanDrive, you can securely access remote file servers directly from the Finder and Windows Explorer, or even from the terminal. No need to open a separate transfer client just to transfer files. ExpanDrive extends methods for accessing data across all applications.
- Built-in Finder and Explorer
ExpanDrive adds cloud storage like Google Drive, Dropbox, Amazon S3, SFTP (SSH), Box, OneDrive, and Sharepoint to Finder and Explorer. Don’t worry about additional data-only apps. ExpanDrive connects cloud storage to all the applications on your computer, including Office 365, Photoshop, and VS Code.
- Smart offline sync
Select files for offline access and work offline. Cloud syncing happens automatically when you’re back online. Other files are accessed on demand from the cloud without consuming disk space.
- Integrated search
ExpanDrive connects to Spotlight Search on Mac and File Search on Windows. Quickly search remote storage for anything you need. The built-in storage browser has added support for very fast server-side searches.
- Multi-user file lock
ExpanDrive now distributes key files in Microsoft Office documents via the cloud. If the user is editing an Office document, other users can open the document as read-only until the user who is editing closes it.
- File version control
Easily access older versions of files in version-controlled cloud storage including Box, Dropbox, S3, Google Drive, OneDrive, and Sharepoint.
- Cloud storage in every app
Add cloud storage like Google, Dropbox, Amazon S3, Sharepoint and more to every app on your computer. ExpanDrive creates a secure file system connection to the cloud. Open, edit and save files on remote computers from your favorite programs – even if they are on servers half the world.
- Background loading is very fast
ExpanDrive has a multi-threaded connection mechanism that is up to 50% faster than previous versions. ExpanDrive performs parallel transfers in the background, so you have reliable transfers even on unreliable internet. Keep working and don’t wait for the download to finish.