R-Drive Image 6.3 Build 6307 is a great tool for creating disk image files and backing up data. Disk image files that contain an exact, byte-for-byte copy of the hard disk, partition, or logical disk can be created without restarting the computer and with varying degrees of data compression. The created disc images can be saved to a variety of media types, including removable media such as CD-R (W) / DVD, Iomega Zip, and Jazz discs. R-Drive Image Technician restores the disk image to the original disk, to another partition, or to free unformatted disk space without rebooting the system. To recover a locked system or partition, R-Drive Image goes into pseudo-graphic mode directly from Windows or starts a bootable version of the program from a CD or floppy disk set.
- Simple and easy to use user interface – no advanced knowledge of computer management is required.
- Perform operation “on the fly”: A disc image is created without the need to stop and restart the Windows operating system. During image creation and until completion, all other write operations are stored in cache memory. Image recovery is also fast, except for the system partition. When recovering the system partition, you need to restart the program in pseudo-graphic mode directly from Windows or use a previously created bootable disk (CD / DVD or floppy disk).
- Image file compression. Image files can be compressed to save disk space.
- Support for removable media devices. Image files can be saved to removable media such as CD-R (W) / DVD, Iomega Zip and Jazz discs.
- Support for Microsoft networks. The bootable version of the CD / DVD Image R-Drive supports storing disk images on remote computers and restoring them from remote computers to local computers on a Microsoft network (CIFS protocol).
- Pseudo graphics mode. Rebooting into pseudo-graphic mode to restore to a system or other locked partition is done directly from Windows. No need to use a bootable CD / DVD.
- Complete list of supported devices. A large list of computer hardware components supported by this program.
- USB 2.0 is supported in pseudo graphics mode. While the cost of hard drives and removable drives continues to decline, a removable USB 2.0 drive (flash drive) is perhaps the most optimal and reliable solution for backing up the system and other partitions on a laptop computer. No more unreliable CD / DVDs and slow CD / DVD burners.
- Bootable version. A special bootable disc (two floppy disks or one CD / DVD) is created for system partition recovery.
- Individual file and folder recovery. Disk images can be mounted as read-only virtual disks, and their contents can be viewed and copied.
- Splitting image files. Disk image files can be broken up into multiple files if there isn’t enough space to store them on one media.
- Disk image protection. Image files can be password protected and contain additional comments.
- Convert file system. The file system of the recovered disk can be converted (for example, FAT16 to FAT32 and vice versa).
- New section creation. Disk image data can be returned to free disk space. Recovered partition size can be changed.
- Changing partitions. Disk image data can be restored to any existing partition. The program can delete existing partitions and return the disk image to free space.
- Copying Disc to Disc. The entire disk can be copied to another, the same or greater capacity.
- Checking the created image. Disk image files can be checked for correct creation before they are saved and / or restored.
- Schedule. The task of creating a disk image can be installed and performed at certain times in automatic mode.