Rohos Logon Key 4.6 is a program that offers a convenient way to protect access to a computer using a USB key, not an ordinary password. It’s convenient – access is fast and automatic – even though Windows is still password protected.
- Enter Rohos Key stores up to 64 login profiles on a USB drive (Key) for authorization on personal computers or network PCs (where programs are installed).
- The program is integrated into the Windows Logon configuration
- Enter the computer in your home
- Log in to workstations that are part of Active Directory (Windows domain) or Novell Netware services
- Access to Remote Desktop on a Windows terminal server
- Computers running Windows Vista
- The computer can be locked, or the user session can end (Log off) immediately after the USB Key is disconnected from the USB port.
- Protection works even in Safe Mode.
- Works without USB Lock – allows you to release the USB lock for several minutes without locking the computer. For example, if the computer has the only USB port available, and the user wants to insert several other devices, and temporarily disconnect the USB Key. After this time, the computer will be locked (see USB_REMOVAL option).
- Complete password authorization change. This feature allows you to log in to your account only via a USB key.
- A USB key can be configured to store passwords in an encrypted form, not a genuine Windows password. This USB lock does not require PIN code protection.
- The USB key management utility allows you to quickly and easily configure USB keys for hundreds of users.
- The program does not replace msgina.dll, does not bring additional compatibility issues
- Supports password renewal policies; The USB key is synchronized with the new password
- Enhanced USB Key Protection
- The USB key cannot be forged. The program inhibits key duplication
- Each entry profile is bound to the serial number of the USB drive
- Password protection: By default, USB Key does not contain a Windows password
- Two-factor authorization using a PIN code. USB keys can be protected by a PIN code; PIN code as on cellphone – 3 incorrect attempts and lock locked. This makes the PIN code a good replacement for long passwords.
- A USB key made at a company cannot be modified on a home computer.