WinRAR 6.00 is one of the most famous and functional archers. This program supports almost all existing archive formats: RAR, ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE 2.0, BZIP, JAR, UUE, GZIP, BZIP2 and 7-Zip, meanwhile it has many very useful features – encryption, support for dense archives, where the compression rate can be 10 – 50% higher than conventional compression methods, special algorithms for compressing multimedia files, support for multivolume archives, and more. In addition, this program can work with ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE 2.0, BZIP, JAR, UUE, GZIP, BZIP2 and 7-Zip archives, meanwhile it has many very useful features – encryption, support to be sustainable. (compact) archives, where the compression ratio can be 10 – 50 percent more than conventional compression methods, special algorithms for compressing multimedia files, support for multivolume archives and more.
- Full support for RAR and ZIP 2.0 archives
- Highly efficient native data compression algorithm
- Graphical user interface with support for drag and drop
- Ability to use the command line interface
- Works with other file formats (7Z, ACE, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, GZ, ISO, JAR, LZH, TAR, UUE, XZ, Z)
- support for continuous (solid) archiving, where, as a rule, significantly higher compression ratios are achieved (10 – 50% and higher) than that provided by conventional methods, especially if a large number of small files of the same type are packaged
- Support for multivolume archives (divided into sections)
- Regular and multivolume self-extracting (SFX) archive creation using different SFX modules
- Ability to recover physically damaged archives
- Ability to create and use custom recovery volumes, allowing you to recreate lost or corrupted multivolume archive volumes
- Support for Unicode encoding in file names
- There are other additional functions, such as encrypting data and file names in the archive, adding comments to the archive, saving error logs, etc.